Monday, January 3, 2011

More Progress on the White Christmas

In comparison to satin stitching around the snowflakes, stitching around the "Peace on Earth" was a peace of cake (sorry, I couldn't resist!). Anyway, it is done. Now onto the other customizations.

Although not on the orginal pattern, I have decided to add a star to the top of the tree. Using the same fabric as the snowflakes seemed the obvious choice and I think it would be elegant looking, but , then I thought a yellow star would be pretty. As I was looking through my stash for yellow, I came across a piece of pink. Squeal!!!!! I LOVE it! I think it adds a nice, unexpected "punch" of colour! And seeing as this quilt is for me - Why not use what I like, right?

So, the next decision was which type of star to use:

This one:





















Or this one:




I have decided to go with this second one. Fusing it now!
Bye!

1 comment:

  1. I like # 2 as well. Loving this one almost as much as the garden.

    ReplyDelete