Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Scrappy Irish Chain Top Complete




After I finished Day Dream (more on that later), I was in no rush to start another complex quilt. So, I spent the winter cutting up all my drawers of scraps into 5", 4.5". 2.5", 2" and 1.5" squares. It took FOREVER!

I was going to a quilt retreat, but didn't want to spend money on fabric for a quilt, so I grabbed my 1.5" squares to make this scrappy Irish Chain. I had not idea it would take as long as it took. The blocks with the 49 squares took an hour each! I'm glad I stuck with it, though, as I am thrilled with the results.




Here is a close-up of the top and the quilting. I did my standard "loop-de-loop" quilting.
















Here is the back.






 A close-up of the binding.


















And my faithful quilt tester, Mackie Moo.

No comments:

Post a Comment