Saturday, January 17, 2015

Whimsical Garden Photos

Not too much progress was made on Aurora this week. I got the centre appliquéd onto the star. It went well. That was Step #2. Then I attempted to sew the outer white ring to those two pieces (step #3). That did not go well. I took it off & will have to redo it. Sewing that piece on went so well with Happiness that I was pretty surprised I had so much difficulty this time. As soon as I find the time & work up the courage, I'll try it again!

I'll take the opportunity, though, to show my version of Whimsical Garden by Piece O' Cake designs.

I started it during the May long weekend this past year & finished it up in September. I'm pleased with it. My favourite part is actually a result of a mistake.

Because I was appliqueing the pieces, I had initially cut each background block larger than necessary in order to cut down to size & square up once the appliqué was finished. I had made the block shown as per the instructions. I wasn't over-the-moon with it but I didn't hate it, either.

The problems was that I was watching TV while cutting the finished blocks down to 101/2". Bad, bad    quilter. I cut it 1/4" too short! I had to remake the block.

I had seen that Lisa Bonegan had put the year in one of her blocks. I liked it, so I decided to do something similar to that with the redo block. I added my initial & the year onto the flower. It turned out to be most favourite block on the top! I absolutely love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment